Remaking the way we make things
The program guides continual improvement towards products that are:
- made with materials that are safe for humans and the environment
- designed so all ingredients can be reused safely by nature or industry
- assembled and manufactured with renewable, non polluting energy
- made in ways that protect and enrich water supplies, and
- made in ways that advance social and environmental justice
What makes your product "sustainable"?
How do important audiences know for sure?
Certified Cradle to Cradle is rigorous.
The Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM Products Program is comprehensive and rigorous. It requires a paradigm shift in thinking about how a product is designed, what it contains, how it is made, and where it goes after use.
As a guidance system for product designers and manufacturers, the program leads to the creation of innovative products that redefine quality and beauty.
Products are analyzed by assessors that have been accredited by the Institute. After review of this assessment, the Institute awards the product an overall score or level while encouraging continual improvment.