C2CPII CERTIFICATION STANDARDS BOARD CALL FOR MEMBERS
Help set the standard for a safe and circular future by joining the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute Certification Standards Board.
The Institute is seeking qualified individuals to join a world-class group of technical and subject matter experts on our Certification Standards Board (CSB). A standing committee of the Institute's Board of Directors, the CSB guides development of the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Product Standard, widely recognized as the most advanced science-based standard for safe and circular products.
CSB member candidates must possess technical and/or subject matter expertise in one or more of the Standard's five performance categories:
- Material Health – Assessment of chemicals and materials in products to protect human health and the environment.
- Product Circularity – Optimization of materials to support active cycling of a product in its intended cycling pathway(s), including circular sourcing (cycled or renewable content) and circular design (material compatibility for the intended next use).
- Clean Air & Climate Protection – Optimization of product manufacturing to support a positive impact on air quality, the renewable energy supply, and the balance of climate changing greenhouse gases.
- Water & Soil Stewardship – Optimization of product manufacturing to protect watersheds and soil ecosystems and ensure clean water and healthy soils are available to people and all other organisms.
- Social Fairness – Optimization of product manufacturing to uphold human rights and apply fair and equitable business practices.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Ideal candidates for the Certification Standards Board are senior sustainability, circularity, and/or social compliance professionals and leaders in their field invested in the broad acceptance and wide adoption of Cradle to Cradle Certified in the global marketplace.
Certification Standards Board members may include Cradle to Cradle certification holders, independent consultants, representatives of government or multilateral agencies, environmental or social compliance organizations, standards development organizations, academia, or related entities.
Ideal candidates for the Certification Standards Board are also familiar with the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard and have broad, practical experience and technical insights in the application of one or more of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard performance categories in their work.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Certification Standards Board membership is voluntary.
Members must commit to regular calls (average 2 hours/month) and offline review and comments on technical proposals for changes or updates to the standard requirements (average 2 hours/call).
The immediate term for newly appointed Certification Standards Board members will run from 1 April 2021-31 October 2023.
ABOUT THE CERTIFICATION STANDARDS BOARD (CSB)
The CSB is a standing committee of the Institute Board of Directors, responsible for the oversight of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard. The CSB serves as the main governance body for the standard, and its primary role is to review and approve any revisions and/or amendments to the Standard.
CSB members guide the development of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, the world's most advanced, science-based standard for safe and circular products, by contributing technical/subject matter expertise in one or more of the Standard's five performance categories.
CSB Membership Application Period Dates
- 4 January 2021: Application period opens.
- 5 February 2021: Application period closes.
- February 2021: C2CPII staff review applications and recommend top candidates to the C2CPII Board of Directors for appointment.
- March 2021: Applicants are notified.
- 1 April 2021 – 31 October 2023: First term for new volunteers.
- Application form: Online form to submit self-nomination and expand upon your professional background. To apply, please complete the form by Friday, 5 February 2021.
- About the C2CPII: Information about the vision and mission of the Institute, and purpose statements and current rosters for all C2CPII committees.
- About Cradle to Cradle Certified: Information on the certification program and the standard, with links to the Version 3.1 standard documents and supporting methodologies, and the draft version 4 standard documents.
- Process for Development of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard: Describes the standard development process, including the role of each entity. The Certification Standards Board Charter is provided in Appendix 3.