JUDGES ANNOUNCED FOR 6TH CRADLE TO CRADLE PRODUCT DESIGN CHALLENGE
Oakland, CA – The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute has announced the line-up of judges for the organization’s sixth Cradle to Cradle Product Design Challenge.
The panel of leading global design, manufacturing, and sustainability experts includes:
- Chris Uecker – Senior Scientist Product Design and Development, Target
- Dr. Debbie Mielewski – Senior Technical Leader – Materials Sustainability, Ford Motor Company
- Doug Brown – Manager, Business Strategy, Sustainability, BASF Corporation
- Emma Fromberg – Informal Education Programme Manager, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Lewis Perkins – President, Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
- Nora Sophie Griefahn – Co-founder, Managing Director, Cradle to Cradle Association
- Sachlene Singh – Technology Evangelist, Autodesk
- Stephen Leonard – Senior Innovation Leader, Growth & Insights, Arconic
- Stuart Constantine – Co-Founder, Core77
- Warner Phillips – Cleantech entrepreneur & investor, Founding Board Member, Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
Professor Michael Braungart will provide expert critique and commentary to the winners of each prize category.
Dr. Braungart is the founder and scientific CEO of EPEA Internationale Umweltforschung GmbH, an international environmental research and consulting institute headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. He is also the co-founder and scientific director of McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA and co-author of Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things, and The Upcycle: Beyond Sustainability – Designing for Abundance.
Find out more information about our judges here.
Submissions for the next Challenge are being accepted now through December 1, 2017 for four prize categories: Best Overall Project, Best Use of Cradle to Cradle Certified Material, Best Use of Autodesk Fusion 360, and Best Use of Aluminum.
This round of the Cradle to Cradle Product Design Challenge is the final competition in the Institute’s series of six challenges. The challenge is presented by the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute in partnership with Autodesk and with support from Arconic Foundation. With a vision to educate, inspire and engage designers and students around the world to use regenerative design principles, and Cradle to Cradle Certified™ materials, to envision and design products for a circular economy, the Challenge has attracted over 400 design submissions from more than 450 designers in 30 different countries to date.
For more information or to enter the Challenge, visit C2CCertified.org/connect/design-challenge, or visit C2CCertified.org/connect/design-challenge-v-winners to view previous winners.