Get Cradle to Cradle Certified
The Platinum level of certification represents the highest standard in Cradle to Cradle Certified™ product design.
In addition to the Gold level requirements, all products certified Platinum under Version 3.1 must meet the following requirements:
- All process chemicals have been assessed and none have been assessed as X.
- The product has a Material Reutilization Score of 100.
- The product is actively being recovered and cycled in a technical or biological metabolism.
Renewable Energy and Carbon Management
- For the final manufacturing stage of the product, >100% of purchased electricity is renewably sourced or offset with renewable energy projects, and >100% of direct on-site emissions are offset.
- The embodied energy associated with the product from Cradle to Gate is characterized and quantified, and a strategy to optimize is developed. At re-application, progress on the optimization plan is demonstrated.
- ≥ 5% of the embodied energy associated with the product from Cradle to Gate is covered by offsets or otherwise addressed (e.g., through projects with suppliers, product re-design, savings during the use phase, etc.).
- All water leaving the manufacturing facility meets drinking water quality standards.
- A facility-level audit is completed by a third party against an internationally recognized social responsibility program (e.g., SA8000 standard or B-Corp).
- All Silver-Level requirements are complete.