Get Cradle to Cradle Certified
In addition to the Silver level requirements, all products certified Gold under Version 3.1 must meet the following requirements:
- The product has been 100% assessed (by weight) using A, B, C ratings. All EMCs have been assessed as non-X.
- The product contains no X assessed materials (optimization strategy is not required).
- Product meets C2C emissions standards.
- The product has a Material Reutilization Score that is ≥ 65.
- The manufacturer has completed a “nutrient management” strategy for the product including scope, timeline, and budget.
Renewable Energy and Carbon Management
- For the final manufacturing stage of the product, 50% of purchased electricity is renewably sourced or offset with renewable energy projects, and 50% of direct on-site emissions are offset.
- Product-related process chemicals in effluent are optimized (chemicals identified as problematic are kept flowing in systems of nutrient recovery; effluents leaving facility do not contain chemicals assessed as problematic).
- Demonstrated progress on the strategy developed for the Silver level requirements (required for facilities with no product relevant effluent).
Complete two of the Silver-Level requirements:
- Material specific and/or issue-related audit or certification relevant to a minimum of 25% of the product material by weight is complete (FSC Certified, Fair Trade, etc.).
- Supply chain-relevant social issues are fully investigated and a positive impact strategy is developed.
- The company is actively conducting an innovative social project that positively impacts employee’s lives, the local community, global community, social aspects of the product’s supply chain, or recycling/reuse.
Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute Inc. is a US 501c3 organization with EIN: 27-1832830 Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute B.V. is registered in The Netherlands with KVK: 66481260