We’re looking for companies at the forefront of the circular economy to pilot the draft version of the new Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard.
Pilot program participants will help test the efficacy and practicality of the forthcoming standard and inform the development of guidance materials and tools. Pilot participants will lead the market in adopting the latest requirements to ensure they deliver the dual goals of best quality and usability.
The Institute will select and notify interested companies for participation in the pilot program by 22 July 2019. Selected companies will be asked to complete an agreement and commit to the program by 31 August 2019.
The pilot program will start on 31 August during the draft V4 public comment period. We anticipate finalizing V4 in early 2020 following the public comment process."
Version 4 Pilot Program Benefits
Participants in the Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4 Pilot Program will have the opportunity to pioneer the world’s most rigorous standard for designing and making safer materials and products for the circular economy.
- Get early access to the Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4 standard - and have the first chance to test and give feedback on the requirements.
- Lead the way in demonstrating the transformative value of Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4 as a practical pathway to realizing corporate responsibility and circular economy objectives.
- Be first to market in your industry with products certified to the newest Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard -- and assert your role as a leader in the global circular economy.
- Gain recognition in case studies, marketing and promotional activities as we launch the final Version 4 standard globally.
- Help accelerate the future adoption of Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4 by shaping guidance and pathways to certification for your company and industry.
Dates to Remember
- 30 June 2019 - Expression of Interest forms due
- 22 July 2019 - Selected participants invited to participate in the pilot program.
- 31 August 2019 - Deadline for selected participants to sign pilot agreement and submit payment for V4 certification.
- 1 September 2020 - Deadline for completing certification under Version 4 pilot
We’re seeking a diverse group of pilot program participants. The Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4 Pilot Program is open to companies seeking to certify new products as well as those seeking to recertify products that are currently certified under Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 3.1. A limited number of companies will be selected for participation in the pilot. Selected participants must:
- Pursue full Cradle to Cradle product certification
- Aim to achieve certification at the Silver level or higher in order to ensure testing of the greatest number of Version 4 draft standard requirements
- Complete certification within one year of joining the pilot program
- Help ensure diverse perspectives by:
- product type
- geographic region
- company size
- market and industry sector
- Provide pilot feedback (via calls/surveys)
- Agree to share case study data upon successfully achieving certification for use in promotional and educational materials
Expectations & Requirements for Participants
- Submit an Expression of Interest form by 30 June.
- Sign a pilot agreement by 31 August to register intent to participate.
- Pay participation fee of $5200/€4,613 by 31 August (fee includes certification application plus first two-year certification period. Does not include assessor fees).
- Work with a Cradle to Cradle Certified assessor following the standard certification process.
- Commit to collecting and submitting all required data to fulfill draft standard requirements and to completing the assessment within one year.
- Participate in Institute activities to promote, market and publicize the new Cradle to Cradle Certified Version 4 standard (may include participation in case study development, public relations activities, web content and social media).
- Certify product to either the public comment draft Version 4 standard or final Version 4 standard (participant’s choice).