Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Product Standard
|File||C2CCertified_ProductStandard_V3.1_160107_final.pdf (2 MB)|
This version of the Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM Product Standard (Version 3.1) represents a minor revision of Version 3.0.
In December 2014 the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute’s Certification Standards Board approved the development of version 3.1 of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard.
Version 3.1 differs from version 3.0 as follows:
- The cyclability assessment has been removed from the Material Health Assessment Methodology.
- The requirement that only A, B, and C assessed materials may count as recyclable or compostable in the Material Reutilization Score has been removed (i.e., X and GREY assessed materials may now count as recyclable or compostable when calculating the Material Reutilization Score).
- The information from both the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, Version 3.0 and its associated guidance document,Supplemental Guidance for the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, Version 3.0, has been consolidated into this document.
- Information previously covered in both the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, Version 3.0 and Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Material Health Assessment Methodology, Version 3.0 has been removed so that it is only present in the Assessment Methodology document.
- Tables and passages that contained information that was available elsewhere in a more accessible or up-to-date form have been removed.
- The original intent has been further clarified; inconsistencies and typos that were contained in Version 3.0 have been corrected throughout.
|File||C2CCertified_Product_Standard_V3_Amended_Nov2015.pdf (9 MB)|
This document was amended in November of 2015 to correct Section 2.4, Table 2 on page 11, to clarify that the development of a nutrient management strategy is a Gold level requirement, and not a Basic level requirement, as stated in Section 4.
V3.0 is a major revision, an additional level, Bronze, has been added to the certification standard, between Basic and Silver. NOTE: A new version 3.1 of the standard has been announced and will be fully documented in early 2016. Please see the announcement for key changes.
|File||V2-1-1_Program_Rules.pdf (198 KB)|
The Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard is the primary governing document of the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Products Program.