Results of the
- External verification of a product’s recyclability and safety for human and environmental health
- Expert assessment of toxicity hazards of all product ingredients throughout the supply chain down to 100 ppm (0.01%)
- Defined trajectory for optimizing product design and manufacturing processes
Benefits of C2C certification
- Use of the Cradle to Cradle CertifiedCM mark and promotion of certified products by C2C PII and its partners
- Differentiation from competitors and enhancement of brand value and reputation
- Eligibility for LEED points as an Environmentally Preferable Material in USGBC’s LEED for Homes Rating System.
- View a description of the Environmentally Preferable Materials point on pages 16-17 of the USGBC reference document.
- Eligibility for LEED points under the Innovation in Design category in all LEED rating systems. View a description of the LEED Innovation in Design Credit affiliated with certification.
- Listing in Green Wizard software that streamlines the process of sourcing and purchasing sustainable building materials and manages the documentation required for LEED certification.
- Recognition in the architecture and interior design communities as Cradle to Cradle CertifiedCM products are being specified for more and more building projects.
- Eligibility to be included in Material ConneXion’s virtual and physical material libraries.
- Eligibility to sell to federal agencies under the U.S. EPA Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) Program and be listed in the EPA’s online database. The EPP program helps agencies across the federal government comply with green purchasing requirements and utilize the estimated $350 billion of spending power on green products and services.
- Eligibility to sell on eBay’s World of Good website for socially and environmentally just products
- Ability to earn points towards becoming a Certified B Corporation and join a community of corporations that use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems