The Institute administers a unique multi-attribute, third-party product certification program, according to our Quality Policy.
Here are key steps to get you started.
Determine if your product is appropriate for certification
Select an Accredited Assessment Body for the testing, analysis, and evaluation of your product
- Select from the list of Accredited Assessment Bodies
- Develop a certification plan including cost, timeline, and necessary resources
Work with your assessor to compile and evaluate data and documentation
- Work with assessor and supply chain to collect data
- Assessor evaluates data based on Standard criteria
- Work with assessor to develop optimization strategies
- Submit an Assessment Summary Report, assembled by your assessor, to the Institute for final review
Receive certification for your product
- The Institute reviews Assessment Summary Report to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Applicant signs a Trademark License Agreement, and pays the certification fee to the Institute
- The Institute makes the final certification decision, conferring a certificate and the use of the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ mark, per the requirements of the Trademark Use Guidelines
- Work with the Institute to post your products on the product registry
Work with Institute and your marketing teams
- Tell your innovation and certification story to your customers.
Report your progress
- Every two years, work with the assessor and supply chain to gather new data for re-certification
- Assessor evaluates data and progress on optimization strategies
- Re-certification Assessment Summary Report submitted to the Institute for review
- Tell the world as you become “more good, not less bad”